Saturday, May 10, 2014

I was looking through old assignments and I found this poem i wrote in my English class last year

(Untitled)
I run
faster and faster
I try to hide from my surroundings
Emotions, oh so many of those
They run through the blood streams of my body
Trying to figure things out
Such effort to put two and two together
What are my feelings today?
Shortened breath and confusion is it?
Restlessness and  frustration
Unanswered questions
Feeling of  Hopelessness
Disappointment
Why me?
I find myself asking this a little too often
I'm a good person aren't I?
So why?
Why me of all people?
Does karma hate me so bad,
That I receive both bad ends of the spectrum?
I lay here still now
Out the window, a luminous flame peeks through
It truly is remarkable once you think about it
But I don't ponder over it for too long
Soon it will be gone
Gone forever it shall be
Just like the rest        -D.K.






No comments:

Post a Comment